What kind of people can you expect to find?
We are a diverse collection of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and at different stages of spiritual growth. We don’t know everything. We may not do everything perfectly. We haven’t arrived. We are still on the journey. You will not have to look far to find things that need improvement. But we hope you will also find people who love God and who are thankful that Christ died for us.
Our goal is to be first century Christians in a twenty-first century world. We hope to accomplish this by appealing solely to the Bible as our guide in religious matters. We believe that we must allow neither personal preferences nor human tradition to determine our course. We wear no name but “Christians”. In the work and worship of the Church it is our aim to do only those things which rest upon scriptural authority. We appeal to no other authority than the Bible and no other confession of faith than “Jesus is the son of God”.
- The Gospel of Christ contained in the New Testament has convinced us of our guilt before God and our need for salvation. - Romans 3:23 and Romans 1:16
- Christ's Gospel has impressed us with God's grace and redemption and so faith and gratitude have developed in our hearts. - Romans 5:8 and Romans 10:17
- Motivated by our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have obeyed our Lord's Will and now are honored to wear the simple name of Christian and nothing else. - Mark 16:16 and Romans 6:17-18
- Grateful for God's gift of salvation, we are busy doing our Father's Will, always careful to follow the direction God has preserved for us in His Word. - Ephesians 2:8-10 and 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17
- With the hope of heaven affecting every aspect of our earthly existence; we are careful to be holy like our Father and to encourage others toward lives of holiness. - Titus 2:11-14 and 1 John 3:2-3
If these concepts appeal to you, we welcome your honest inquiries about who we are and our desire to honor our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.